Saturday, May 12, 2012

An Introduction...

My name is Lynn.  I am a typical 20-something young professional.  I am quite fortunate and blessed.  A good job, a wonderful apartment, and great friends and family.  For the most part, I have absolutely nothing to complain about; I try to go with the flow.  Unfortunately, the year 2012 has taken my legs out from under me thus far.  In a span of five months my father had a stroke (he's fine now), my cat passed away, and I broke up with my significant other of three years.  Last week I spent an evening wallowing.  I watched a chick-flick, which was unexpectedly sad; when I described this to a friend I joked that I was too numb from my junk food coma to notice.  I realized that I was only half-joking; I have become somewhat numb after all of these things. 

Hopefully this does not sound too dramatic, that's not the intention.  For my sanity all I can hope is that God has a reason and a plan for testing me with all of this.  However, one thing is clear: I need to pull myself up by my bootstraps, as my mother says.  I have an idea of how I am going to do this.  I've made a resolution to date myself this summer.  I have a list of things that I've always wanted to do here in the city that I've never gotten around to for one reason or another.  Systematically I'm going to go through this list; and ideally I will do approximately one per week.  I am aware that this plan is somewhat cliche and overdone, but as my good friend Green pointed out, everything is overdone, but my viewpoint is not overdone.   Anyway, the goal of this project is multifaceted: to take back 2012, to enjoy my time alone, and to carry out my new year's resolution to enjoy my life and not to pass up opportunities to do so.  Perhaps some self-realization will also occur in the process?  Dare to dream. 

The project began today, and for those who know me, it may seem unconventional....

No comments:

Post a Comment