Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Boundary Road



Last night, my friend Katie and I went to Boundary Road Restaurant.  Normally I will try not to blog about restaurants, because that's not really my goal with this blog.  However, the restaurant was on my list of 5-6 restaurants that I wanted to try, so I figured I'd write about it =)  Plus, the Obamas were there only a few months ago so I figured it was high time I got over there! 

We were quickly seated and ordered this really awesome drink called "I'm thinking about getting a vespa."  It had orange juice and champagne and other things, very delicious.  We also ordered a cheese platter with three different types of cheese, and all of them were delicious.  (This was after they gave us the wrong cheese plate and there was this strange mass on the plate at first =) Katie ordered the pork chops and I ordered chicken with vegetables.  I loved my chicken, it was roasted and the skin was so salty and crispy.  Katie let me try her porkchops and while they were good, I definitely liked my chicken better.  I couldn't wait to have the rest for lunch the next day!  We had some of these Italian doughnuts for desert, and they were okay, not amazing.  The ambiance was really nice, but the service was a little slow.  However the waiter did have a ton of tables, so he did what he could.  They gave us a "neighborhood discount" which I thought was really cool.  I will definitely go back ASAP.  The place seemed busy for a Monday night which made me happy that my neighborhood was thriving.  I recommend it, definitely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment