Monday, May 14, 2012

In an effort to restore my femininity...


My friends and I went on a house and garden tour of Capitol Hill.  I wish I could tell you the details about each of the 15 homes and gardens, but it was kind of a blur of luxury.  Most of the homes were on the famous East Capitol Street.  This tour is so popular that they need "traffic cops" in the house to direct the pepole through the homes.  One home had the most tricked-out "man cave" that I had ever seen in my life.  There were three televisions in one room!  I noticed that they were all playing football, and that they must have been taped for the tour.  The tour guide informed us that "Huffman and Huffman" out of Ohio designed the house, as if we were supposed to know who that was...right.  We got to tour the inside of a house that I always walked by on Lincoln Park.  One of my favorite houses was a woman who was in the foreign service, and there is a picture of her shaking hands with Nelson Mandela!



Anyway, it was a long afternoon, and by the end we were hot, tired, and hungry.  After the tour we trudged to my favorite Mexican restaurant and gorged on tacos and sangria.  It was a fun afternoon most definitely, and it was good to see how the 1% lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment